All-Athletics.com Competition Rankings Rules - Combined Events competitions
The Combined Events only competitions as well as Combined Events held in conjunction with other Multi-day or Indoor competitions.
When calculating the Competition Score the following factors are considered:
- Result Score: The actual results achieved in the competition
- Participation Score: The level of the participating athletes
- WR Bonus: World Records achieved in the competition
Competition Score = Competition Result Score + Competition Participation Score + WR Bonus
1. Competition Result Score
1.1. Calculating the Competition Result Score
- The 8 best results are calculated to get the Result Score of the competition.
- Only the Final scoring of the competition is considered. Results of the individual events during the combined events competition are not included in the calculation.
1.2. Result Scores
- Results Scores are awarded for the result achieved by the athlete according to the latest edition of the relevant (i.e. indoor/outdoor) IAAF Scoring Tables of Athletics (by Dr. Bojidar Spiriev).
2. Competition Participation Score
2.1. Calculating the Competition Participation Score
- The sum of the 8 best Participation Scores of the athletes who took part in the competition.
- Participation Scores for each athlete are determined by the following achievements:
- Position in the All-Athletics.com World Rankings - see point 2.2.
- Top 3 placings in the latest World Championships or Olympic Games. - see point 2.3
- Current World Record holder - see point 2.4.
- From the 2.2., 2.3. and 2.4. points the highest score is regarded as the Participation score for each athlete.
- Participation Scores are awarded for athletes who in fact took part in the competition. For athletes who are listed in the start list but did not start in the competition, no Participation Scores are given.
2.2. Position in the All-Athletics.com World Rankings
- A Participation Score is awarded for the athlete if he/she was ranked in the latest All-Athletics.com World Rankings, which were published at least 4 days prior to the start of the competition.
- Scores are given for the Overall or the Event Ranking position of the athletes, depending on which means the higher Participation score.
- Event Ranking positions are only considered in the same Event Group to which the event belongs, in which the athlete participated in the competition.
2.3 Top 3 placing (Podium finsihes in the latest WCH or Olympic Games)
- In case the athlete achieved a Top 3 position in the latest World Championships or Olympic Games the following scores are given:
|1st place||120 points|
|2nd place||70 points|
|3rd place||40 points|
2.4. World Record Holder
- If the athlete is the current World Record holder, 120 points are given for the athlete as Participation Score.
3. WR Bonus
- For each WR achieved in a competition, a WR Bonus Score is given.
- This WR Bonus is added to the sum of the Result Score and the Participation Score of the competition.
- The WR Bonus scores are as follows:
|Achieved record||Scores given|
|New WR||120 points|
|Eq WR||60 points|
|WR Split time||30 points|
|Eq WR Split time||15 points|